Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas 2016

For weeks Craig has been asking me what I wanted for Christmas.  I really wanted a new laptop MacBook.  My MacBook is about 10 years old and the operating system is so old that it will no longer accept updates and as a result I cannot open google or blog from it.  :-(   I even made a trip to the apple store to check out the new MacBook's.  I left there drooling over the new ones but feeling defeated after seeing the $2,000 price tag.  That was not going to happen.  We've worked too hard at simplifying our lives to allow that to happen.  So then I started researching pc laptops as an alternative.  UGH!  How could I EVER go back to a pc????  We are a Mac family all the way.  But the $300 price tags were so tempting.  So long story short.... here I am a few days after Christmas blogging on my new pc laptop.  Craig got me a Lenovo for under $300.  It's going to do the job and I'm thrilled to have it.  Yes, I still wish I had a MacBook.  This pc is cheap to the touch, the trackpad feels so suboptimal, the screen doesn't do my photos justice.  But I'm hanging in there and as each day goes by I'm learning to like it.  Good points.... I can travel with it, I can upload photos to it, I CAN BLOG with it.  I'm slowly personalizing it and setting it up to fit my needs.  Thank you to my wonderful hubby for wanting me to have things that make me happy.  I'm certainly happy to be blogging from the comfort of my lazy chair. 

And the kids got me a sewing machine for Christmas.  I was feeling the love!  I was shocked when I opened it.  I never asked for it or had a clue.  How did they know that I've been thinking about sewing again lately?  They know me well.  Let the creative juices flow!
But the best gift of all I get to receive every single day of the year..... This family!

No comments:

Post a Comment